MTMS is currently hiring part-time Music Instructors for our Polaris location. Hours will be in the afternoons and evenings between 3pm – 9pm. Future promotional opportunities available. Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org/site.
Music Instructors at Michelle Tuesday Music School (MTMS) teach private music lessons and classes in music and the arts, and/or coach/direct bands, choirs and ensembles, with demonstrated development of students’ musical skills and aptitude over time. Specific duties depend on qualifications and experience as well as customer demand.
Employment as a Music Instructor at MTMS requires:
- A degree in music, music education, or related, and/or
- At least three years’ experience as a professional music educator and/or
- Status as a current university student working toward a degree in music, music education, or related, and
- MTMS Teaching Certification, as follows:
- Pass one-time written exam in music theory, and
- Pass one-time practical tests to demonstrate proficiency in subjects taught.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Be available at least one full three-hour weekly shift (3-6pm or 6-9pm.)
- Attend, assist with, and support students at all recitals (four per year) and at least one additional performance event each year.
- Respond to emails and text messages from management and coworkers in a timely manner.
- Reliability and Punctuality.
- Arrive on time and prepared for scheduled lessons, classes and performances.
- Help students prepare performance-ready music and teach performance etiquette.
- Stay on schedule to provide consistent service to all students.
- Complete required professional development training on time.
- Maintain a clean and organized lesson room and clean up after classes.
- Identify student progress concerns and act promptly to remedy concerns.
- Talk to parents in the lobby and/or send emails to parents regarding student progress.
- Familiarize yourself with all computer lab applications used by your students.
- Suggest and implement improvements to our services, student retention and business as a whole.
- Deliver concepts to students in a manner that can be understood and confirm understanding.
- Communicate student progress to parents and discuss progress with adult students.
- Report at-risk students to management for additional support.
- Provide guidance to the computer lab attendants regarding theory concepts your students should focus on.
- Student Progress.
- Follow the agreed-upon curricula and make additional curricula suggestions to management.
- Focus exclusively on the student’s progress and performance during lesson time.
- Record student assignments every week and demonstrate progress.
- Actively encourage all students to perform at recitals and events.
- Student Retention.
- Maintain a minimum retention rate of 90.00%.
- Identify at-risk students and collaborate with management, peers and computer lab personnel to re-engage students.
- Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork.
- Treat clients and students with respect, courtesy, professionalism, and friendliness.
- Collaborate and be willing to share knowledge with peers and learn from them in return.
- Ask for help.
- Be nice to each other and other employees and have fun!
When the goals and vision of employees align with the goals and vision of the company, then the company is more likely to succeed. Success means job security, compensation improvements, and happy, stress-free employment for all of us! Employees who go above and beyond to help the company achieve its goals and vision will be recognized.